Siddharth finished a B.Tech in Engineering Physics from the Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati. He worked on entropy inequalities at the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research before joining the physics PhD program at USC.
He is now working on quantum annealing, specifically, trying to understand how tunneling and diabatic transitions contribute to the computational power of quantum annealing. He also works on developing mathematical techniques to study both quantum and classical annealing.
Room: SSC 611
Email: M U T H U K R I A T U S C DOT EDU
Peer Reviewed Publications
- 3. “Quasi-adiabatic Grover search via the WKB approximation”, Phys. Rev. A 96, 012329 (2017), by S. Muthukrishnan and D. A. Lidar [link]
- 2. “Tunneling and speedup in quantum optimization for permutation-symmetric problems”, Phys. Rev. X, 6, 031010 (2016), by S. Muthukrishnan, T. Albash, and D. A. Lidar [link]
- 1 . “On Some Special Cases of the Entropy Photon-Number Inequality”, Theory of Quantum Computation, Communication, and Cryptography, Volume 7582 of the series Lecture Notes in Computer Science pp 116-127, by S. Das, N. Sharma, and S. Muthukrishnan [link]
- 1. “When Diabatic Trumps Adiabatic in Quantum Optimization”, [1505.01249], by S. Muthukrishnan, T. Albash, and D.A. Lidar
- 1 . “Entropy Power Inequality for a Family of Discrete Random Variables”, in Proceedings IEEE Int. Symp. Inf. Theory (ISIT), 2011, by N. Sharma, S. Das, and S. Muthukrishnan [pdf]