Siddharth obtained a B.Tech in Engineering Physics from the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Guwahati in 2010 with a thesis on quantum algorithms. He then worked as a Project Assistant in the School of Technology and Computer Science, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), Mumbai, India in 2010-2011 under Dr. Naresh Sharma. At TIFR he worked on classical and quantum information theory, focusing on entropy power inequalities in both settings.
He then joined the PhD in Physics program at USC in Fall 2011 and joined the Lidar group in summer 2012 working on quantum state tomography. He is broadly interested in quantum information theory, quantum computing and quantum foundations.
Room: SSC 611
Email: M U T H U K R I A T U S C DOT EDU
Peer Reviewed Publications
- 3. “Quasi-adiabatic Grover search via the WKB approximation”, Phys. Rev. A 96, 012329(2017), by S. Muthukrishnan, D. A. Lidar [link]
- 2. “Tunneling and speedup in quantum optimization for permutation-symmetric problems”, Phys. Rev. X, 6, 031010 (2016), by S. Muthukrishnan, T. Albash, and D. A. Lidar [link]
- 1 . “On Some Special Cases of the Entropy Photon-Number Inequality”, Theory of Quantum Computation, Communication, and Cryptography, Volume 7582 of the series Lecture Notes in Computer Science pp 116-127, by S. Das, N. Sharma, and S. Muthukrishnan [link]
- 1. “When Diabatic Trumps Adiabatic in Quantum Optimization”, [1505.01249], by S. Muthukrishnan, T. Albash, and D.A. Lidar
- 1 . “Entropy Power Inequality for a Family of Discrete Random Variables”, in Proceedings IEEE Int. Symp. Inf. Theory (ISIT), 2011, by N. Sharma, S. Das, and S. Muthukrishnan [pdf]