We are interested in fundamental
and applied questions in quantum information science. Our group works on a variety of topics, including:
- Adiabatic quantum computation and quantum annealing, both theoretically and experimentally using the USC D-Wave processor.
- The theory of open quantum systems.
- Control of open quantum systems.
- Theory of decoherence suppression: quantum error correction, decoherence-free subspaces/subsystems, dynamical decoupling.
- Quantum algorithms.
- Quantum phase transitions.
- Topological order and its uses in quantum computation.
- Physical implementations of quantum computers.
Applications from bright and motivated graduate students and postdocs are always welcome. Please email Prof. Daniel Lidar at lidar AT usc DOT edu.